UW-Madison’s Caron Gulley building, which was first established as a residence hall in 1926, was due for an extensive renovation in 2013. Due to the historical significance of the building, the Wisconsin Historical Society was brought on as a consultant on the project. In need of a skilled masonry contractor to handle the job, they turned to KMI.
Staying true to the specifics of the original, we carefully rehabilitated the intricate exterior brickwork of the building, so it could continue to be enjoyed for generations to come. We also restored a stone backup wall in the dining room from the original 1926 construction–exemplifying our versatility when it comes to detailed restoration jobs.